Tuesday, May 15, 2007

To answer Katie Marie's question about the green & white template, I will first give the background on it, and then the link. The template is actually not in use by anyone right now. I initially made it for a friend's company, as an alternative solution for them, but they ended up going another route so I still own it. The templates colours and basic layout are not original to me, although I did make it. I made it in PhotoShop using a tutorial I found online as the basis for the layout and colours, then I sliced it and coded it. I have uploaded it here so you can look at the working product, and the code. The only page done is the home page and all links lead back to it, because I didn't feel like creating the entire site when it wasn't going to be used. I am very pleased with how clean this code is, and also with the CSS. Now when you view the source code in your browser it is going to look like a long document of code, but the actual file looks like this.


Click to Enlarge



Which makes it very easy to edit any specific part of the code without digging through the entire index file. The style sheet also makes it very easy to change things. I was also able to incorporate some of the PHP I am learning as you can see in the image above. Even though it is very simple, I am pleased that the studying is paying off some. =)

Now, for the graphic of the day...

3 comments:

Katie Marie said...

Andrew, hurry up and get some more visitors to your blog; I feel awkward being the only one commenting. :D

Wow, that is clean coding. Thanks for sharing. Now, how in the world did you get PhotoShop?

Andrew Hutchens said...

LOL, I wish I knew how. Maybe someday I'll be famous, but not today. :-p

I'm not sure of the whole story on how we got it. Apparently my Dad found it on ebay for under $100, so obviously he bought it. (Before that we had version 5.5) When we got it though we found out it was a copy (that's why it was so cheap I guess), we use it though, and it works just like the full version. I love it too! 5.5 was nice, but it lacked some of the new filters tools.

BigDaddy said...

Hey I have you linked now Andrew I hope I can help you get something rolling.

But remember I don't have anyone visiting my site yet ;)

Hopefully I will get it together soon.